Kentucky promulgates AN ACT relating to temporary custody orders.
This is an amendment to KRS 403.280 creating a presumption of joint custody in temporary custody orders and to have prior parental custody agreements become the court's orders.
This would also amend KRS 403.280 to allow a court to adopt a temporary custody agreement as the temporary custody order of the court if the plan presented is mutually agreed upon and adequately provides for the welfare of the child; create a rebuttable presumption that there shall be temporary joint custody and equal parenting time.
- Feb 17, 2017 - introduced in House
- Feb 21, 2017 - to Judiciary (H)
- Feb 27, 2017 - posted in committee
- Mar 03, 2017 - reported favorably, 1st reading, to Calendar with Committee Substitute
- Mar 06, 2017 - 2nd reading, to Rules; posted for passage in the Regular Orders of the Day for Tuesday, March 7, 2017